Department: Resident Programs
Effective Date: 11/2018
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
Responsible for planning and implementing programs and events which provide socialization opportunities, fitness and wellness activities, educational and recreational programs, as well as spiritual life support based on the needs and preferences of the residents. This position reports to the Executive Director and may be required to supervise other staff positions.
- Plans, develops and implements resident lifestyle programming within the community as well as through outside trips and events.
- Surveys and interviews residents to determine their past and present interests and talents, as well as their satisfaction with the community’s programs and activities.
- Recognizes the individuality, diversity, and spirituality of all residents when planning activities and celebrating holiday functions.
- Develops relationships with residents to encourage their participation in activities that enhance their quality of and appreciation for life.
- Observes residents’ function and behavior and reports significant changes or concerns to appropriate staff.
- Performs work tasks in a manner that preserves each resident’s dignity, privacy and confidentiality.
- Utilizes outside community resources and independent contractors to enrich the variety of programs made available to residents.
- Develops and manages the annual department budget.
- Documents and maintains all records as required to effectively manage the department.
- Secures and maintains all department supplies and equipment.
- Develops and distributes the resident newsletter/calendar and other lifestyle programming communications on a regular and monthly basis conforming to Senior Lifestyle standards.
- Works with assisted living department manager in planning daily activities for Assisted Living residents when applicable.
- Coordinates outings and weekly transportation schedule with the transportation department.
- May, in consultation with the Executive Director, hire, train, discipline and terminate departmental employees in accordance with Senior Lifestyle Corporation Human Resources Policy.
- Works cooperatively with all other departments in planning shared events.
- Coordinates volunteers, including their recruitment and training.
- Maintains an inviting, functional and organized program area, including appropriate and seasonal decoration of display areas.
- Carries out all responsibilities to residents, families and coworkers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Ensures that all company uniform and grooming standards for the department are followed.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience